Saturday, August 25, 2012

If I could write the story....

Why does Yogg have teeth growing from his nose?

I can't wait to explore Pandaria and learn more about the consequences of killing an Old God. To date in WOW, we have learned that these beings were imprisoned rather than killed, supposedly with good reason. Something to the effect of the Old Gods being so tied to the planet that killing them would have dire consequences.

We learn in Pandaria that at least one Old God had prevously been killed. Y'shaarj was offed by the Titans long, long before the Burning Legion had even set foot on Azeroth. According to the Klaxxi, Y'shaarj's last act was to breathe his corruption onto the land, which many lore nerds (myself included) believe to be the Sha. I have not played the beta, so I have very little idea whats coming (and I like it that way!).

But let us assume that the Sha are in fact the last remnants of Y'shaarj. We are due an Old God raid for this expansion, and rumors are flying that Y'shaarj will be ressurected, allowing us to fight him and save Pandaria. I think its a stupid theory, and horrible storytelling. If I were scripting this expansion, heres what I would do:

Leave Y'shaarj dead. If the Titan's cannot kill an Old God, then what is the point of them being so legendary. Y'shaarj must stay dead so that the Titans stay extraordinary. The discovery of the Sha should in fact be the reason they imprisoned the other Old Gods, rather than kill them outright.

Allow one of the Sha into Azeroth. This has got to happen. The story is supposed to shift back to the wars in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. All that negative energy = epic raid boss. I'm kinda hoping that the Sha cause a darker, more mature story to show up. War crimes, violence, betrayals. Lets really raise the stakes....

N'zoth should be the Old God raid for this expansion. He has much to answer for. The Twilights Hammer. The Naga invading the Plane of Water. Deathwing. The Dragon Aspects are now much less powerful, and everyone is on Pandaria. Now is the time to strike! Raise that sunken city you sleep in and attack with your armies! Instant setup for a raid.

N'zoth must die! If the rumors I read are true, the weapon that slew Y'shaarj is in the Mogu'shan Vaults. Let some less than brilliant, but glory driven leader acquire it. In a surprise twist after we beat N'zoth back into slumber, have said leader (Garrosh maybe?) slay N'zoth. If the Sha are from Y'shaarj, maybe we get Zots from N'zoth. Consequences will never be the same...!

Corruption Everywhere! Lets see some things fall apart. Use senarios to really tell a story. This goes back to allowing a Sha to escape Pandaria. Only now, maybe N'zoth's Zots are running around. I want to specifically see a faction of the Bronze Dragonflight become the Infinite Dragonflight.


Note the...
...matching color scheme.


Garrosh goes Prototype. I want to see the Sha corrupt Garrosh to an insane degree. Nazgrim gets affected by the Sha moments after he arrives on Pandaria.I want to see more of this, and since Garrosh is the main "villain" this expansion, I expect some seriously crazy stuff to happen.

  
Note dem hands! Found on Scrolls of Lore



Azshara and the Legion. Currently I'm reading the War of the Ancients Trilogy. Azshara is a great character, and I expect she will be a villain at some point in WOW's future. I would, if I wrote the story, directly connect her to the Burning Legion again. If she has truly taken the Plane of Water, then she needs to become more powerful, perhaps even an Elemental Lord in her own right. In the book series she wanted to marry Sargeras. With her newfound abilities, she could make a move to approach the legion again. If N'zoth is taken out, she could sever her ties to the Old Gods and return to the Legion as its leading lady. I haven't really thought too much about this, but leaving at lease one thread to the Legion will allow them to be worked back in at a later date with relative ease.

This is all just my thoughts. I am geeking out again, waiting for the expansion to arrive. I have many opinions on how the story should go, but it's likely that they have already planned everything out, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Good luck on Tuesday! Hope your class isn't destroyed! LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment